Friday, June 5, 2009

Busy week

This has been a busy week. We went to the breastfeeding clinic on Monday. The breastfeeding is going so much better now. This week seems to have been the real breakthrough. The doctor upped my dosage of Domperidone and now we are feeding with no supplements. Woo Hoo!! Rowan is also sleeping for longer at night. Tuesday night she slept from 1:30 am to 6:30 am. I was so surprised when I woke up and saw the time. I was certain that I had slept through her 3 am feed. LOL! Nope, she did though. Then she did it again on Wednesday night. 11:30 to 6:30, and again on Thursday night. I hope this keeps up. I am quite happy to get 5-6 hours of sleep in a row. :)

Rowan is also starting to smile and giggle. This week when Jim came in to see her before he left for work she was grinning and giggling at him the whole time she was getting changed. Now I just need to catch her on film. :)

The pediatrician at the breastfeeding clinic checked her out as always but this time she heard a heart murmur. Apparently this is not unusual and she was not too concerned since Rowan is eating well and growing well. She hit 8 lbs this week. YEA!!!

I also had an appointment with my current family doctor and got my thyroid and b12 levels checked. I should get the results this week. Hopefully both of those have gone back to normal. I also got a prescription for birth control. Rowan is meant to be the only child and I intend to avoid any accidents in that area. ;)

Wednesday I had an appointment with the new family doctor. He is really nice. A young guy but very competent. The clinic is great and everything is computerized. Instead of coming into the room with a paper file he carries around a laptop. I think Rowan and I will be happy with him. I still wish I could stay with my current doctor. Oh well.

After that we went to see Melinda, the midwife. She also heard the heart murmur so she referred us to a cardiac pediatrician. We went to see him today and Rowan got an ultrasound on her heart. She has what is called an innocent or musical murmur. Apparently very common and nothing to worry about at all. She has a couple of "strings" of muscle in her lower left heart chamber and that is what makes the murmur. The strings don't cause any problems with her heart function and the doctor said that it would go away. BIG SIGH OF RELEAF. The doctor was very through and explained everything to us and answered all of our questions. He said there was no need for us to come see him again. :)

Cheryl came to visit on Thursday and brought a very cute little bath turtle for Rowan. We had a great visit and took lots of photos. I will post a few of them when I get copies.

Anjali and I got together for the first time today. Her daughter is sooo cute. For such a tiny little girl she has the cutest chubby cheeks. :) They are still trying to decide on a name for her. She showed up so early that they hadn't made that decision yet. We have made plans to start walking together whenever we can. Now that she is mobile I am really looking forward to spending more time with her.

My cousins Angela and Andrew bought Rowan some absolutely adorable outfits in New York. My favorite so far is the turtle outfit. Too cute for words. They are all beautiful though. Some have the cutest little frill across the bum. I will be taking pictures of all of the outfits as she wears them.

Here are a few new photos of Rowan.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Turtle Outfit. Isn't she cute?!

Photobucket
Sleeping beauty

No comments: