With the great weather here I have been gardening again. This year I am concentrating on our lawn. We have been overrun by dandilions and prickles. Not so worried about the dandis but the prickles are a real bugger to get rid of. I got a weed puller tool and am diligently working my way across the lawn. There are lots of dead patches so I am seeding new lawn as I go along as well. In a couple of weeks, once the new grass starts coming in I am going to overseed the whole thing again. Hopefully by the end of summer we will have a good lawn in the back for Rowan to play in.
The job hunt is ongoing as well. EI finally has their butts in gear and I am getting my benefits again. I did have 2 interviews a couple of weeks ago and have a request to set up another one for next week. So that is 3 jobs on the go. Hopefully one will come through. I REALLY don't want to go back to work but we need the money so, such is life.
Rowan got some really wonderful gifts for her birthday. Thank you again everyone. She is enjoying them all, well with the exception of the ball popper. That toy just scared her every time we turned it on. Poor little girl. She totally loves her singing Grandpa star. When we play it for her, her whole face lights up and when it is done singing she gives it a kiss. :)
Jim's friend Andy and his girlfriend gave Rowan a pair of sunglasses. She doesn't like to keep them on very long but I got a picture of her with them. She looks so cute.

Rowan is so very close to walking now. She is free standing for a few seconds at a time. Grandma was watching her for me while I went on one of the interviews and apparently she was not only standing but shaking a toy while doing it. Great balance.
After we taught her to blow kisses she now does that all the time. We even get sound effects with it. The lip smacking when her hand touches her lips. It is so cute.
Rowan also got some bubbles for her birthday. We got this video of me trying to blow bubbles. It didn't work out so great but I am not sure if the problem is with the bubbles or the bubble blower. LOL!
We went to Roman's birthday party on the 8th and had a great time. Rowan had a blast chasing the other babies around the house. She especially liked standing by the stairs with Roman. At one point she was trying to lift her leg to get up the first stair. Someone mentioned it to me and I said not to worry since the step is too high for her just yet. Well I look away for 30 seconds and she is on the 2nd step. Oh boy. Since then she has been going up the stairs like greased lightening. If I haven't noticed her by the time she gets half way up she calls out and when I come to get her she giggles crazily. Here are a couple of videos of her going up the stairs.
Well it looks like all the signs that I have been showing Rowan are starting to pay off. She signed "more" for the first time on the 10th and has since signed "milk" and "eat". Cat is still her favorite word other than oot and she has added "oh no" to the list. :)
Rowan was playing in her room and when I popped my head in to see what she was doing I saw this.

She had managed to get her head through the strap of the bag and was crawling around with it. Here is a video of it as well. :)
Here are some pictures of our busy little girl after her bath. She loves playing with the leap frog toy as it plays all kinds of songs. She has learned to spin the globe to make it work. :)
She is playing peekaboo by herself now. She will pull the blanket over her face and then pull it down. Too cute.





I was trying to get Rowan dressed for bed the other day and she escaped on me before I could finish.

Rowan is eating more and more grown up food now. She really likes to feed herself so meal times are now very messy affairs. She especially loves to run her gunky hands through her hair. On this particular day she got 2 baths, one after lunch and one after dinner because she made such a mess. I think I am just going to cover her in a garbage bag and put a shower cap on her to cut down on the mess. LOL! Seriously, if anyone has any suggestions on how to keep her hands out of her hair I would love to hear them. Cleaning her up after meals is now a big chore especially since she acts like you are trying to kill her when you wipe her hands and face.

Well I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful long weekend. I think we will head to the park later this afternoon.
Here is a video of Rowan at the park playing on the jungle gym. She LOVES the slide.
No comments:
Post a Comment