Rowan has been a busy little girl in the last month and a half since I last posted. Lots of firsts going on this month.
She said Mama for the first time at the end of February. She still doesn't know that I am Mama but says it often enough. She also says Dada. Rowan has started giving kisses. Granted they are kisses with lots of tongue but so sweet. She especially loves to chew on Daddy's nose.

She has gotten very cuddly lately. I love getting baby hugs. Here is a picture of Rowan giving Grandma a hug.

Rowan is making squinty faces with me. If I make a face she copies and makes one back. Too cute.

I check on Rowan before I got to bed and this is what I saw one night. :)

Grandma came to visit at the beginning of March and Rowan was standing with the help of Grandma's knees.


As Rowan is getting older she is getting more out of the toys she has. This wooden toy is one of her favorites. She can stand at it and play with the stuff on top or sit and play with the things on the side. Another favorite is the buckets. This one she was having fun swinging in her hand.


Now that Rowan is crawling it will become more interesting trying to get pictures of her. During one photo session she kept crawling towards the camera. LOL!

She is crawling really well now too. Look out Tippy you are no longer safe. LOL!
One of the ladies from our play group had a Valentine's party in February. Rowan and I went and had a great time. There were 18 other mom's and babies so Rowan had lots of people to play with. She also got to wear her pink princess dress for the last time.

Jim always sings this song to Rowan. If she is crying she will quiet as soon as he starts singing. Sometimes she will even try to sing along. I got this video recently of Jim singing to her.
Now that the weather is starting to turn nice Rowan and I are often out walking with our group of friends. We usually walk down by Kathryn's place. There is a very nice walkway with a boardwalk and a great place to sit. I can't wait for the weather to really turn to summer so we can go more often.







Rowan is now sitting in her stroller without the carseat. She is loving being able to see everything while we are walking.

Lately Rowan will often only eat food if she can pick it up and feed herself. That has made things a bit challenging and messy. :) Usually if she picks it up in her right hand the food goes in her mouth, if she picks it up in her left hand she smooshes it and rubs it in her hair. Right now cheerios are a favorite food. So are blueberries and chicken. Here is a video of Rowan eating avocado.
I got this ball for Rowan a while back. She has always loved playing with it but lately have been having even more fun with it. She is rolling the ball back and forth with me and the other day I sat her on it and she stayed on it by herself. Didn't fall off even once. A baby version of a yoga ball. LOL!


The babbling has risen to a whole new level. We walk through a store and people turn to find out who is making all the noise. Rowan babbles non stop these days and it really does sound like she is talking. Here is a video so you get a little taste of our chatty little girl. Man am I in trouble when she learns to speak English. LOL!
I got this video of Rowan walking with Grandma last week. She is getting the hang of the walking thing though she prefers to hold onto you rather than you holding on to her. Yup, the independent streak is starting to show itself. :)
We gave Rowan this riding toy for Christmas and now she loves riding on it. She can press all the buttons and loves turning the steering wheel. She can even make it go backwards. This was definitely a good investment. So far we have gotten pretty lucky with the toys we have bought for her. I don't think there are any that she doesn't like.

Rowan has started waving so we now have a new naptime routine. When she wakes from her nap we open the blinds and say hello to the world. Rowan gets this wonderful smile on her face as we walk to the window and starts waving even before the blinds are opened.
When we went shopping this week I decided to try sitting Rowan in the shopping cart rather than the stroller. One more step on the road to growing up for my little girl. She did great. Didn't throw anything out of the cart and sat up for the whole time. I will have to get a picture next time we are out.
Yesterday Rowan took another step, literally, towards walking. She is now cruising around the furniture. Her biggest motivation is getting to the cat. :)
Here are a few random pictures from the past month.




No comments:
Post a Comment