
A while back I saw this photo in one of my scrapping magazines and I have been waiting to try it out. Here is Rowan playing with some Christmas lights.



We also got her photo taken with Santa at the Early Years Breakfast with Santa. Here is Rowan with Santa and Mrs. Claus.

Here she is playing with some toys in the infant area.

Rowan got her second H1N1 shot on Nov 29. This time she got a fever. Poor little bug. The fever never got really high and she was never all that bothered by it. She still slept through the night so I was happy about that.
At the Early Years centre last week we did a bit of painting. Basically it was put some paint on a paper and run a golf ball through it to make a pattern. While I was doing that Rowan pitched forward on my lap and went face first into the paint on the paper. LOL! I wish I had gotten a picture of it but she was crying so I didn't get a chance. She looked so funny with yellow and red paint all over her face.
This week though, Rowan did her first art all on her own. Here is her very first finger painting.

On the 4th I decided to try bananas again. Rowan was pretty neutral about them the last time but this time she was opening her mouth for more. At one point I saw this white flash as she opened her mouth. She has a tooth!!! Here is the picture from the 4th of the tooth just peaking out of her gums.


Here is a picture from today and the tooth is working its way out. She looks adorable with the tooth just showing.


The teething has definitely been interupting her sleep. I have gotten a very small taste of what mom's whos babies don't sleep through the night are going through. Man it sucks. She is getting better this week though. Yeah for Anbesol. At first she didn't want me sticking my finger in her mouth but now she opens wide knowing that it will feel better real quick.
We also tried peas and carrots last week. The carrots were all right and the peas were almost as bad as the avocado. Rowan seems to have issues with green food but is okay with orange food. LOL! We are going to try the peas again this week. Next on the list is chicken and beef. I think I am going to cook them in the slow cooker so they get really tender.
The week of the 29th Kelly and Gib were here for a conference for Kelly's work. We got to visit with them on the Sunday and Rowan and I went to lunch with Gib on Tuesday. We were supposed to visit again on the Thursday but Rowan and I were sick that day. We both got a cold. Yuck. Rowan seems over it but I still have the sniffles.


A couple of weeks ago at the Early Years centre they got in some new balls. Rowan and some of the other babies were playing with these soft squishy ones and they had so much fun. We asked the instructor where they got the balls from and since it was enroute to Jim's office I picked up a few for everyone. Rowan LOVES this ball. She can grab it, bang it, squeeze it, and LOVES to sit on it and bounce.


Next Monday is our pot luck at the Pickering Early Years centre. I am bringing the cheese/garlic bisquits that I make. We are also having a pot luck at one of the mom's homes on the Friday. Not sure what I am going to bring to that one.
We have started our Christmas shopping for Rowan. We are not planning on buying her a lot of stuff but some things you just can't resist. I got her this toy that she loves to play with at the Early Years centre. It is a wooden box with spiral stuff on the top and flippy stuff on the sides. Jim also wants to get her a ride on toy. I am also thinking maybe some blocks and I like that ball popper toy. I might head over to Toys R Us soon to check out all the different toys.
Rowan and I went with Alicia and Krisiah to the Oshawa Centre to see Santa. They had a play area for the kids while you waited for your turn. The pictures and a video were free so we figured why not. Here is a picture and video of Rowan with Santa and in the waiting area.


Rowan is still a jolly jumper. I got this video of her bouncing away in the jumper.
Here are some more recent pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment