Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumpkinville

Today we went to Pumpkinville at Greenwood Conservation Area. They had all kinds of activities for the kids including lots of bouncy castles, face painting and hayrides. All of that stuff is a bit advanced for Rowan so we went just to walk around and get pictures of Rowan with the pumpkins. We got several great pictures of her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This week I went to Once Upon A Child to trade in some of the clothes Rowan has outgrown for some new ones. I got a lot of great winter stuff including the outfit Rowan wore today and this very cute hat.

Photobucket

I also got her Halloween costume. I couldn't resist putting her in it and taking a picture. She is a butterfly. :) It is going to be a lot of fun for Halloween this year. Jim is, of course, already planning the house decorations.

Photobucket

A few years ago I knit this bunting and put it on Rowan for bedtime last week. It is a little big still but she will grow into it.

Photobucket

As a follow up to Rowan finding her feet she is now putting them in her mouth. I managed to get this picture of her chewing on her foot.

Photobucket

Rowan turns 6 months on the 28th. I can't believe 6 months have gone by already. I so don't want to go back to work. We are on the hunt for childcare now. We have her 6 month appointment on the 29th then we will be starting solids. I think I have found the high chair I want. It is one of those that attaches to a regular chair. It will adjust as she grows up until it is a booster chair. For $40 it sounds like a great deal.

I am still debating what to start with. I will probaby go with rice cereal but the stuff I make myself. Rowan gets enough iron from the formula that we don't need more from the store cereals. Last thing I want is her getting constipated. It is going to be fun exploring food with her though it is going to be a lot of extra work. My baby is growing up. :)

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I can't believe how fast and big she is getting
Where does time go.
hugs
Sheila