Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer at last

WOW!! It has been HOT HOT HOT around here the last few days. We have even had the AC on at night it has been so hot. Still getting lots of rain though.

Rowan and I have been going to the Ontario Early Years centre for a couple of programs. One is a focus on infants and we sing songs, play games etc that are appropriate for babies. I have had a chance to meet other moms and talk about all kinds of things. It has been great. We have learned more nursery rhymes and songs to sing at home. Rowan especially loves Head & Shoulders. She always smiles at the knees and toes part.

Another program we do is Walk & Rhyme. It is down at Rotary Park. We walk for about 2 km then sing songs for about 1/2 hour then walk back. Great exercise for me and more outdoor fun for Rowan. We are going again today since it looks like the weather is clearing up.

Rowan has been waking up in the middle of the night again. Ever since she got her 2nd set of vaccinations on Tuesday. I think it might be a growth spurt since she will not go back to sleep until she has eaten and she takes a full feeding not just a nibble to get back to sleep. Oh well. She still ends up sleeping the full 10-12 hours even with the break in between. Rowan now weighs 12 lbs 12 oz and is 23.75" long. She is just under the 50 percentile for both weight and height so the doc is happy with her progress. She, of course, screamed blue murder when they gave her the shots. Poor little bug. At least she calms down quickly after. She was super fussy that day though, even before we went to the doctors. She didn't want to be put down at all. That made our walk that day an extra workout for me since I was carrying her and pushing the stroller. LOL!

Rowan has been doing great with her tummy time too. She rolled over from her front to her back a few times this weekend. Hasn't done it since though. She is also rolling from her back onto her side. Almost all the way over. I am sure that will happen soon. She is also getting very good at grabbing things. She loves to grab and chew on her plastic rings in the jolly jumper and I got her a Sophie the Giraffe. It is this rubber giraffe that squeaks. I like that it is made from a non toxic natural rubber and she likes how it feels to chew and that is squeaks.

Jim has been singing Puff the Magic Dragon to Rowan. She absolutely loves it. Always has a big smile for daddy when he starts to sing. I tried it at the doc's office and it was a no go for me. I guess it is daddy's voice that does the trick. :) We have also been reading Dr Suess books. She will sit through one whole book and look at the pictures and everything. I hope the love of books will grow with her. I will certainly be doing everything I can to promote that. Starting in September the library has a session with songs and stories that we will be going to. Should be fun.

Well that is about it for this week. We are looking forward to going to Ottawa next weekend to visit Grandpa and Aunti Kelly and all the friends and family out there. It will be great to show Rowan off to everyone.

Here are some new pictures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: